Material flow planning
We believe material flow planning, in addition to warehouse and structural planning, is a key success factor for a company's internal logistics. That's why we bring together our expertise in this domain in a self-contained expert team. In addition to dealing with external material flows in supply planning and transport planning, these specialists concentrate on internal material flow concepts.
These concepts are particularly important in view of efforts to introduce production systems with moderate or no use of forklifts. Businesses need new material flow concepts such as synchronized tugger trains, driverless transport systems and so-called 'one-piece flow' systems. Material flow planning serves as a key interface to areas such as part supply, load carrier compatibility and integration and adaptation in the information flow concept.
The aim is to achieve a smooth material supply without shortfalls or transport bottlenecks. We aim to achieve this by focusing on areas such as:
- Holistic and interdisciplinary planning approaches
- Integrated information flow (synchronization, pull control, kanban principle)
- Innovative concepts for production with moderate / no use of forklifts (tugger train concept)
- Optimized and standardized logistics processes (transparency)
- Comparison of alternatives (requirements, evaluation criteria and methodologies, recommended actions)
- Potential analysis and evaluation of transport, handling and investment costs
- Design and implementation, taking account of lean management principles